Come celebrate the summer with the 8th annual Riverfest Water Drop 5K Run/Walk and 5th annual Water Droplet Kids Run benefiting the Wabash River Enhancement Corporation. These events are part of Wabash Riverfest and will start near the Tapawingo Park Band Shelter and on the Meyers Pedestrian Bridge respectively. The 5K race will be officially timed with generous sponsorship from Fleet Feet Sports! Come out for the races and stay for the Wabash Riverfest activities following the events including many family friendly events and the canoe races on the Wabash River all day long.
Saturday, July 8, 2017
8:00 a.m. Water Drop 5K Run/Walk
9:00 a.m. Water Droplet Kids Run
Start for the 5K Run/Walk is located near the band shelter within Tapawingo Park. To view a map of the route, click here.
The Kids Run start is located at the west end of the Meyers Pedestrian Bridge.
Parking is available in the Wabash Landing parking garage on Tapawingo Drive behind the Hilton Garden Inn.
5K Run/Walk Early-Bird Registration:
- $20 (includes T-shirt)
- $10 (running for sustainability, no shirt)
- Closes Wednesday, June 21, 2017, race is capped at 200 participants
- Packet pick-up will be Friday, July 7th at Fleet Feet Sports, 500 Sagamore Parkway West, West Lafayette, IN from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m or from 7:15-7:45 am at the Tapawingo park Skating Rink.
5K Run/Walk Race Day of Registration:
- $25 (T-shirt not guaranteed)
- Registration and packet pick-up open from 7:15 – 7:45 a.m. at the Tapawingo Park Skating Rink.
Kids Water Droplet Run:
- Registration is FREE – Must be 12 or under (T-shirt size not guaranteed after June 21, 2017).
5K Run/Walk prizes will be awarded to top 3 male/female overall runners, top male/female under 18, and top male/female over 65. All prizes will be awarded promptly 30 minutes after the first finisher. Results will be posted online.
Every Kids Water Droplet Run participant will receive a free ice cream treat from a local business.
The 5K Run/Walk Race route will wind through Wabash Riverfest and then head east across the Pedestrian Bridge, and then north along the scenic Wabash River Heritage Trail. The race will be an out and back on paved surfaces along the banks of the Wabash River, finishing in Tapawingo Park.
The Kids Run will be held on the John T. Meyers Pedestrian Bridge.